SP10-3SK is a set of 6 heavy duty all-stainless steel asphalt anchors rated (note 1) at 1,500 lbs. pull. The 6" long 5/8" diameter anchor is designed to fix plates, fences, machinery directly to asphalt surfaces. For technical information, datasheets and installation manuals, please visit our main web site. The anchor performs well in 2.5" shallow asphalt which is common in parking lots and walkways in the US. The anchor is supplied with a stainless steel 3/8" x 1" bolt and a stainless steel 1" washer. The use of Stainless Steel anchors is recommended for applications near potable water, or high salt environment.
The SP10-38S incorporates a 3/8"-16 UNC female thread. The anchor requires a 7/8" hole 6" deep and the use of a grout such as our EPX2. A 1.4" head at the top of the anchor prevents the anchor from dropping below the surface as well as preventing the anchor from being pulled up into the mounting plate when the bolt is tightened.
The SP10 anchors are mounted flush with the surface of the roadway, so that attached devices can be removed without leaving dangerous screws or protrusions on the walkway.
INSTALLATION (Note that this is just a summary; for updated and detailed information please visit our main site)
- Drill a 7/8" (22 mm) hole perpendicular to the ground, to a depth of 6” (15 cm). Use our 83-1002 masonry drills or equivalent.
- Protect the anchors’ thread using the bolt that is provided with the anchor. Do not remove the bolts.
- Mix the EPX2 grout with water to a consistency of a heavy syrup (1 part water for 5 parts grout). The heavy consistency is required so that the grout can fill in all the crevices in the asphalt but not so freely that it will be absorbed into the ground before it hardens. One EPX2 bag should be enough for 2 anchors.
- Apply the grout to the hole, filling it to the top.
- Using a hammer, gently drive the anchor into the ground until the top of the anchor is flush with the asphalt surface.
- As you lower the anchor, make sure that the grout is visible all the way to the top of the hole. Add grout if required.
- Once the anchor is in place, wash the surface of the roadway to remove the excess grout. After the grout hardens, it will be practically impossible to remove the excess grout.
- Allow the grout to harden for about 15 minutes.
- Mount the device and secure with washers and bolts/nuts to the anchors.
- Allow another 1-2 hours before subjecting the anchors to serious stress. At temperatures below 50F, allow for more curing time.
KIT: The SP10-3SK is a set of 6 anchors, each pre-installed with a 3/8" x 1" SS bolt and 1" diameter SS washer.
SHIPPING/EXPORT: This product ships under HTS (Harmonized Tariff 7318.19.0000) and shipping schedule 50.